What is Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome (CHS)?
- A rare cyclical vomiting condition first diagnosed in 2004
- It is said to be triggered by too much cannabis
- Recently the idea that neem oil could be responsible for CHS has become a popular theory / myth?
What is Azadirachtin / Neem Oil?
- Azadirachtin is a limonoid extracted from neem seed. Neem oil is a by-product in the manufacture of Azadirachtin. It is also manufactured by crushing neem seeds and neem fruits of Neem tree
- It is one of the most commonly used organic pesticide on a wide range of crops
- Neem seed kernels/oil also contains many active ingredients like azadirachtin, nimbin, salanin
- Azadirachtin is the most commercially used active from neem in various pesticide formulations
+ Read More Details
The Murugappa Group’s Annual Press Meet was held at Chennai, India on May 15, 2019. Mr M M Murugappan, Executive-Chairman and Mr Sridharan Rangarajan, Group CFO, addressed delegates from the media.The Group’s financial performance for FY 2018-19 was shared with the media, followed by a Q&A session.
Murugappa Group registers a growth of 12% in turnover at $5.3 billion during 2018-19. Earnings before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) posted a growth of 12%, at $743 million. Profit after Tax was at $412 million registering a growth of 18%.
Mr. A Vellayan, Executive Chairman of Murugappa group stated that the transaction is part of the strategic plan of EID Parry to consolidate and focus on its core businesses in Food and Nutraceutical space. He had informed that it would help EID Parry to keep its gearing at a lower level to handle the Sugar cyclical movements. Further, the Bio Pesticides business would gather growth momentum in the hands of Coromandel through their strong position in Crop Protection business in India. He further said that the Bio Products business would also derive the synergy benefits by making inroads into South America, Africa and Asian markets where Coromandel has significant presence.
Murugappa Group registers an impressive growth of 13% in turnover at $4.8 billion during 2017-18. Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) posted a growth of 14%, at $ 690 million. Profit Before Tax (incl extra ordinary items) were $527 million registering a growth of 18%.